Thursday, May 07, 2009

Endau Rompin Trip

*UPDATED: Check out my sis' blog for better pictures (DSLR mahhhhh) and more humouring stories I forgot to mention like how the tap water went out when my sis on the shower.

Decided to go for a trip during the 3 days break. Didn't book any hotel except for the second day as we expected there were going to be hotels.




But we were wrong. It so happened that everyone decided to go on a break on the 1st of May. Almost the whole Singapore was in Malaysia. Singapore cars everywhere, conquering all the hotels.




Pushed off at 7+, roamed around, went to beaches and by 6.30pm we couldn't find a place to stay overnight. From Mersing to Endau to Pekan and finally Kuantan.
Had no choice but to stay in the hotels in the shop houses. There were 3 at that particular spot.



2 of them looked classier and decent. Dad and uncle went in both of it but to no avail. Even Singaporeans with Porsche, BMW and Mercs had to stay in those kind of hotel, and so my dad went to the one behind.



Embassy Hotel. I prayed that there were no rooms available as the facade of the hotel looked really old and worn out. To my dismay, there was. 3 rooms booked. RM 50 each. Had a lump in my throat when I heard about it. Went for dinner and roamed around the shopping centre before making it back to the hotel.



Carried my luggage across the road, making into the entrance of the hotel. Dark passage, with an old typical Chinese mirror before the reception. Held my breath as I made it into the room. Nearly fainted as the room greeted me.








The pathetic air con that didn't work


What disgusted me the most was the bathroom. As I was about to peer into the bathroom, what greeted me was a damn COCKROACH! It obviously ran away and I had to bathe in a condition where the cockroach could fly at me anytime. Then I saw it escaping the bathroom. I took the slipper and smacked it thrice till it was dead flat. Normally I wouldn't even have the guts to do so but to have a better night despite the room conditions, I had to do so. The feeling of triumph was overwhelming.





Notice that piece of rafia string? Its to hang our clothes and towels.



The water heater notes how old the hotel is.



The rusty bathtub where we wore our slippers and stood in it as we bathed. I was complaining how we once stayed in Hilton and now we had to resort to staying in this. My elder sister then said, 'Nah, to comfort you, I brought shampoo and bath gel from Hilton'. =.=

We bought Saidina to play, thinking we'd stay awake overnight but we were too exhausted. We covered the bed with our comforter from home and three of us squeezed in a bed, awakened up constantly in the middle of the night by the sound of the cars wheezing by.



Checked out immediately at 7 a.m in the morning.




Experience of a life time.





Rest of the trip and Adeline's 17th coming up.

No comments: