Sunday, February 01, 2009

Pb outing.

Headed to the Pb headquarters for some Chinese New Year celebration. Reached there upon seeing the amount of bengs and lalas omg. I proceeded by hiding behind the tiang waiting for the rest.

There were two dragon dance troupes. They performed like 5 times? But I wished the dragon dance wouldn't end, beat of the drums and cymbals deafening my ears. The hall was packed with people so some of us had to stand outside. Vanessa and I grew tired of standing so we sat down followed by a boy kicking the sand right infront of us.

A cheena man from China produced a whip out and caught everyone's attention. He got a volunteer to hold the newspaper. Imagine the risk, the whip could have gotten onto his face. Nevertheless, the cheeena man was a professional.

He made cards fly up high in the sky, spinning, making everyone swoon with amazement, which landed in the bushes next door. He also made cards cut through the newspaper.







Oh there was a lucky draw contest as well. 14 or 16 packets of angpow containing RM100 each and the others were goody bags filled with milk and coffee packets. If your number gets called out, you get to choose a red packet on the board with numbers on it and you open it whether its a goody bag or angpow. 20 of us girls went and only one of us got it.

Not the angpow. The goody bag. Wtf.

I never did pin any hopes on it as I never won in any lucky draw. Sad.

After the angpows were given out, we went off leaving the goody bags for the people. Oh not to mention in between the lucky draws, officers were singing karaoake. Gosh. It rained when one of the officers were singing. One exact song was something lai lai lai lai lai. I edited it to lai lai lai lai lai, angpow kuai dian lai.

16 of us went to Cs for lunch. Specifically Mcdonalds. I found out that these bunch of people had the same quirky habit as my dad and I do.


Pepper on our ketchup/chilli.


Half of them produced a concoction of pepper,chilli,ketchup and coke I think, forcing us to have a taste of it. Eunice shoved the sauce onto my lips. Bleargh it tasted like hot sour plum.





After lunch, we got bout 3 or 4 cabs to Jenny's house for bai nian. With the amount of timers and commanders the whole house was filled with our voices. The mahjong and the 8-9 game. Wonder how Jenny's parents endured that 2 hours or so.



I left after 15 minutes. My parents lah. Spoiler.


Today was supposed to be homework day but.....







Chinese New Year mahhhhh..

No comments: